Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Initial Post

I have decided to start a new blog to follow and focus on Donald Trump's administration. My other blog BillyJim47 is a hodgepodge of random thoughts on all kinds of subjects. This one will be primarily about Trump but of course, will have to include Congress and the Supreme Court as it affects the Executive branch.

Full disclosure, I am not a Trump fan. I am also not a fan of the current iteration of the Republican agenda, even though I am probably in their target demographic. I'm an old, retired white guy who grew up in the segregated and conservative South. I've lived,worked and traveled to several places during my adulthood. 




I will be commenting on Trump's follow through of his campaign promises. I will attempt to point out the lies and hyperbole that fly out of his mouth. I admit that will be a daunting task since both are spewed at the rate and force of a firehose. I will even comment when I agree with Mr. Trump.

I hope to remain factual and fair. I will try my best to fact check before I post. I am sure that there will be mistakes on occasion. If you see a mistake, I welcome your corrections. Just make sure you are correcting a fact and not just taking exception to my opinion. Of course, you are welcome to disagree with my opinions and interpretations too but remember that facts, beliefs, feeling, and opinions are different. At least initially, comments will not be moderated or require approval prior to being published. It will stay that way until it is abused. Stay civil and you are welcome to participate. I hope you do.

I don't expect much activity prior to the inauguration on January 20th. Maybe a couple of comments on cabinet selections, Trump Twitter rants or other announcements. Until the inauguration though it is just talk. On January 20, 2017, the rubber meets the road. The blog site is still under construction so expect some changes to the look and feel. If you see something that could be improved, let me know.

I am starting this blog so I don't have to clog up Facebook with long entries about politics that many don't want to see or think about. This way I can just post a link to this blog on Facebook, G+, Twitter, tumblr, etc. You can follow by email or your favorite RSS reader on the right sidebar

As a final thought, let me state that I want Trump and the country to be successful during the next four years. That is unlike the Republican stance over the past eight years where Obama's failure and obstruction were the main agenda items. 

I hope you read and participate. It should be an interesting four years.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment